Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Where Are You?


Where are you?,
My plaintive cry.
This heart is aching,
As eyes search the sky.

Your promises fell short,
Now belief has past.
All alone it seems,
No spiritual repast.

The struggle heightens,
No joy. No peace.
Through slippery fingers,
Shreds of hope decrease.

Despair looms larger,
Entangling the milieu.
And then the light,
As words came through.

“Oh God,” I spoke,
“Where are You?”

He listened quietly,
As I ranted and raved.
Then He gently reminded,
“Your soul I have saved!”

Beaten and drug,
Nailed to that tree.
Blood pouring down,
His body for me.

“Father forgive...”
His call rang out.
The demons did scramble,
Arming for the bout.

So now clearly I see,
As I thought of His love.
By my side He never strayed,
Watching all from above.

And then, I think I heard,
“Always believe, never doubt.”
“Until I return from Heaven,
“With a thunderous shout!”

Where is He?
He is ever near.
God’s word never fails,
He takes away our fear.

But I must hold fast,
Gripping His hand.
My feet on The Rock,
Not in sinking sand.

My joy is complete,
If I choose it to be.
For my resurrected Savior,
Promised it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment