Friday, October 25, 2013



















Do not fear anything except the LORD Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. Isaiah 8:12

Teddy spent his life debating issues with friends and fellow workers. He always had the latest information and had uncovered the deepest government secrets. He loved stunning and shocking everyone with his disturbing revelations.
            And then one day he realized his so-called “pursuit of truth” was eating away at his own peace. His verve for life was losing its lustre. His valiant efforts of tearing down the walls of deception had become self-destruction, like slowly drinking drams of poison.
            Teddy’s faith in God was taking a back seat to the latest developments of his quest for truth. The horrible accounts of governmental lies and deceptions were eating away at his joy and peace that Christ offers all believers. His focus had shifted from delight in God’s promises to delight in uncovering the latest business scam or pack of lies from Washington D.C.
            As He always does, the Holy Spirit brought Teddy back to his First Love to bathe again in God’s precious truths and eternal promises of redemption. Nowadays, when he does begin overturning those rocks to peer at the ugliness beneath, Teddy is quick to let them lie, reminding himself of God’s magnificent love found in His Living Word, the Bible.

·         Isaiah 8:11-14  The LORD has said to me in the strongest terms: “Do not be afraid that some plan conceived behind closed doors will be the end of you. Do not fear anything except the LORD Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. If you fear him, you need fear nothing else. He will keep you safe.”

·         Isaiah 41:10   Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

·         Prov. 3:5-6  Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways,and He will guide you on the right paths.

·         Psalm 9:10  All those who know your mercy, Lord, will count on you for help. For you have never yet forsaken those who trust in you.

·         Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

·         John 14:1-3  Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

·         Romans 9:33   God warned them of this in the Scriptures when he said, “I have put a Rock in the path of the Jews, and many will stumble over him (Jesus). Those who believe in him will never be disappointed.

·         Romans 15:13  I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

·         Rev. 21:5   And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”

After a great magic trick people usually say, “How did he do that?” Even more so, by placing our faith in Jesus Christ we can say: “How did He give me such peace?” “How did He change my thinking like that?” And “How did He cleanse me from ALL my sins?”


He did all these things and more because we have trusted in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment