- Let God have your life. Let wisdom guide your life. Let people be your life.
- Evangelism should have as many different approaches as there are people.
- Christian growth is the lifetime process of personally discovering what is inherently valuable, and what is not.
- The local church should be more than just a preaching station where people come and sit front-to-back as spectators and listen to a one hour lecture before returning home. It should be a spiritual support group where Christians get into one another’s lives.
- The essence of the Christian walk is to live contrary to human nature.
- An easy, routine way of life which many associate with stability and security only brings stagnation. Entrenched routine only spoils people and makes them simple and weak.
Saturday, October 19, 2013
Quote from “Wisdom Hunter” by Randall Arthur
On the other hand, progressive resistance in life always has the potential to give progressive strength, and to make us progressively wiser. Resistance makes a person think new thoughts they never thought before. It makes a person ask questions they never asked before. It makes a person seek answers they never sought before. It makes a person beg God for help that they never before realized they needed. These quests, quests of the heart and soul, eventually make a person deeper, wider, and taller.